Not the most dramatic of updates this time around but we thought it was worth keeping you in the loop. .87 is mostly concerned with tweaks to existing Scrolls. Some server-side features also getting tested but, unless you live inside the code like Mans, you probably won’t notice.
As mentioned in my last post, Scrolls is rapidly approaching open beta (when you’ll be able to buy it at at discounted price and get future updates for free) but it’s not quite there yet. Watch this space for more info.
Owen – @bopogamel
- The config dialog on launching the game (for setting resolution) has been removed. Now you select your resolution in-game, and your preferred option gets saved
- Blast Strike’s (Energy) art has been updated. You can see it at the top of this post
- Unleash Inner Power (Growth) now sets health to 2 instead of 1
- Faith Blessing (Order) has been changed. New: Cost 2. Sacrifice target unit to deal its Countdown as damage to all units on the same row
- Rigged (Energy) now costs 1
- Vaettr of the Wild (Growth) now costs 1
- Cannon Automaton (Energy) is now 5/2/4 and reduces all combat damage dealt to it by 1
- Metal Heart’s (Energy) description has been updated to better match what it does (thanks Arithmos!)
- Desperation (Energy) no longer lasts too long when cast on an opponent unit
- End of Reason (Energy) has been changed. New: Cost 5. Sacrifice all units you control with a non-zero Countdown. Each unit sacrificed this way deals 2 damage to opponent units on the same row
- Royal Infantryman (Order) and Ducal Infantryman (Order) have had their descriptions updated to better match how they work
- Users running Avast will need to disable it temporarily in order to login. We’re looking into why this happens