It’s here, and it’s a big one. A slew of balance changes, several new features to ‘match over’ screens and tutorials, tons of new avatars in the store, Daily Trial upgrades, whispering to offline users, and… wait for it: Spaces for Android!
The Great Rebalancing
Subtitle: Spaces, the Final Frontier
- Added a new ‘introduction’ tutorial to show new players what a full-scale battle might look like.
- Added scroll rewards to the tutorials and the first three easy trials.
- Reworked the end screen to make it more attractive.
- Added new avatars, avatar heads, and idols to the store, and made them cycle randomly each week.
- New trait: Poisonous. When a creature damages or is damaged by the poisonous unit in melee combat, that creature becomes poisoned.
- You can now whisper to offline users. Such whispers will be shown when the recipient comes online.
- Daily trials can now include spells being cast throughout the match (added previously, but has not been in a changelog).
- Earthborn Mystic: 3 Health (down from 4).
- Crone: 3 Health (up from 2). Ability is now ‘When destroyed in combat’ rather than ‘when destroyed in melee combat’.
- Fierce Tactics: Cost 3 (down from 4).
- Earthbond: Now has Magic resist 2 (was 1).
- Verdant Veil: Cost 4 (up from 3).
- Vitriol Aura: No longer useable on structures [bug fix].
- Miasma Well: Reworked: Cost 3, 0/2/3. When Countdown becomes 0, a random opponent creature becomes poisoned.
- Cluster Hex: Cost 5 (up from 3), gives Curse 2 (up from 1).
- Oum Lasa High Guard: Now 5/2/5 (was 6/2/4).
- Halls of Oum Lasa: Now sifts from a random selection from the discard pile.
- Mudo Fighter: Magic resistance 2 (up from 1).
- Infected Gravelock: Is now Poisonous (used to only inflict poison on attacking).
- Mangy Rat: Is now Poisonous (used to only inflict poison on attacking).
- Festering Freak: Is now Poisonous (works the same as before).
- Atrophy: Now reduces the unit’s Attack to 0 until end of opponent’s next turn. It cannot be increased during the duration.
- Blightseed: Cost 3 (down from 4).
- Corpus Collector: The summoned husk now has Countdown 2.
- Totem of Suffering: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Beetle Stone: Cost 1 (down from 2).
- Monstrous Brood: Cost 4 (down from 5).
- Unforseen Onslaught: Corrected spelling [bug fix].
- Morbid Curiosity: No longer playable on structures [bug fix].
- Pestis (Decay): No longer usable on structures [bug fix].
- Imperial Resources: No longer heals units.
- Righteous Partisan: 2 Attack (down from 3).
- Gallant Defender: 1 Attack (down from 2).
- Prisoners of War: Now also increases current Wild by 1.
- Wings Spear: Cost 2 (down from 3). Dominion Spiky decreased to 2 (down from 3).
- Royal Spearman: Spiky 3 (up from 2).
- Ducal Spearman: Spiky 3 (up from 2).
- Ruse: Linger 3 (down from 4). Units you control have Spiky 2 (up from Spiky 1).
- Stifled Advance: Now increases Countdown by 2 (up from 1).
- Metempsychosis: Now preserves the countdown of the resummoned unit.
- Redeploy: Cost 2 (down from 3).
- Shrine: Now reads ‘Other units you control have +1 Health’.
- Reversal: Cost 2 (was 3).
- Pother: Now properly destroys Lockling Brood [bug fix].
- Automata Forge: 4 Health (down from 5).
- Hired Marksman: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Cannon Automaton: 5 Health (up from 4).
- Snargl Brain: Now gives health if energy is 4 or more (used to trigger at 6).
- Catapult of Goo: Units hit now have their Countdown increased by 2 (up from 1).
- Fulmination Conduit: 4 Health (up from 3).
- Snargl Hunter: Now triggers on destroying non-Human creatures (used to trigger on destroying Beasts).
- Golem Skin: Now deals 2 damage to structures instead of sacrificing them.
- Typing spaces should now work in the Android version.
- AI is no longer confused by Pillar of Fatigue.